Connecting to a Zaurus from Mac OS X using VNC
- Installed VNC Server on the Zaurus.
- I already had zlib installed, so I didn't need to install it; however if you don't have zlib, follow the instructions for installing it before you install the VNC server.
- After the reboot that follows the VNC server installation on the Zaurus, you should immediately tap the upper left corner and then the lower right corner of the physical Zaurus to calibrate the VNC server. This process offers no feedback (i.e. you don't actually appear to be doing it, and the Zaurus doesn't react to your taps in a real or obvious way).
- Installed of the VNC on my iMac.
- Create a new connection in Chicken of the VNC, using the Zaurus' IP address
If you find, once you've got everything up and running, that your "taps" (aka "clicks") in Chicken of the VNC aren't registering in the right place, then you probably didn't calibrate the VNC server on the Zaurus (or you didn't calibrate properly). To re-calibrate post-install:
- Remove the file /etc/tssim_cal.conf on the Zaurus.
- Reboot the Zaurus.
- After reboot, calibrate as explained above.
After calibration my tssim_cal.conf looked like this:
-64 17 1001 1002